I’ll be traveling around the united states for a few weeks and will post updates here occasionally. for pictures and things instagram is the place. I’ve also got a publicly controlled spotify playlist set up for while I’m on the road and have signal, the password to get in is
update august 19
I’ve added a breakdown of where I have been so far. the spotify jukebox in practice has been difﬁcult to coordinate from the road, but thanks for participating if you have.
I’m in Michigan now and from here on will be bouncing between cities with a few campsites here and there. In a week I hope to be camping at Acadia if I can get in.
A few different people have asked me if I felt I’ve had enough time at places to really enjoy them. I’ve intended this as a sort of survey, and baring a few places I feel like I left with a good sense of them and a desire to return and do them properly. There is a point where you start to short out on beauty after being immersed in it for so long, but I still feel good about the plan.
People have also asked if I’ve gotten lonely out on the road, and I have to say at least for the solid 2 weeks I was alone, not really? I did get tired of my own company but what I felt more was appreciation for the people in my life that’d I’d get to return to. Also, you know, instagram.
1. departing san francisco stay in la via big sur and lake cachuma
2. la, santa monica and venice beach dinner with family in culver city stay in la
3. departing la for joshua tree stay in joshua tree at jumbo rocks campground
4. departing joshua tree valley of ﬁre via the mojave stay in motel in zion
5. narrows hike in zion leave zion for bryce canyon stay in sunset campground bryce canyon
6. leave bryce canyon for antelope canyon [unable to get a spot on a tour] continue to north rim grand canyon camp north rim grand canyon
7. leave grand canyon see: monument valley four corners stay at devil’s canyon campground near blanding
8. leave devil’s canyon for arches devil’s garden hike delicate arch overlook hike continue to canyonlands upheaval dome overlooks hike continue to provo, utah stay at motel in provo
9. leave provo for grand teton stay in grand teton at colter bay campground
10. hike around jenny lake toward cascade canyon interrupted by bear continue to yellowstone see: old faithful lake yellowstone yellowstone falls drive the loop road stay at motel in jackson hole
11. return to yellowstone see: the springs around lake yellowstone mud volcano the north east entrance road [bison!] take beartooth highway into montana stay at theodore roosevelt in north dakota
12. short hikes in theodore roosevelt lunch in minneapolis stay in chicago
13-15. stay in michigan